Riding in the cold and the wet doesn't have to be miserable. With the right gear you can stay on two wheels all year round and still have fun doing it.
Winter has well and truly arrived, so here's a round up of our 10 favourite wet-weather gear to keep you dry and toasty this wet season....
1. Merlin Hamstall waxed cotton Jacket – looking good while staying warm and dry has never been so easy. Modern tech, high-end, quality waxed cotton jacket in cool retro styling. $599
2. Spidi Balaclava H2OUT - The best wet weather gear in the world won’t keep you dry if the rain can still run off your helmet and down your neck. This balaclava is designed to stop this from happening and works very well. $99
3. Givi one-piece and two-piece rain suits - Perfect for commuting in the wet, these are a great alternative to forking out for full featured touring gear. Complete with a compact carry sack, chuck one in your topbox and stop worrying about the weather. Two piece $169 or one piece $159
4. Moto One Winnipeg glove - A good quality leather winter glove that won't stretch the budget. Waterproof with thermal insulation and knuckle protection, they're a steal at $99
5. Spidi boot covers - After a couple of years of solid use, some boots will start to leak, normally around the front of the ankle. These boot covers will help you get a bit more life out of your boots while keeping your feet dry. $79.
6. Spidi 4Season jacket and pants - This is 2018's ultimate full featured riding suit. With removable rain and thermal linings, the 4Season gear is perfect for all year riding. Mens and womens available. Jacket $899, trousers $699
7. Spidi Alu-Pro Gloves - These are the Rolls Royce of winter gloves, with knuckle shield, thermal padding, interior fleece, H2Out membrane and inserts on fingers for touch screen compatibility. Available in black or black with hi-vis inserts. $249.
8. Givi universal motorcycle hand-guard mittens - keep your hands toasty warm this winter, these muffs will fit over most large adventure bikes fitted with hand guards. $95
9. Spidi hi vis rain jacket and rain overalls - For serious wet weather riding, this Spidi combo is your best defence against the rain. Jacket $189, overalls $249
10. Moto One 360 Vert jacket - Available in both men's and women's versions, this is a top-quality, fully-featured all-in-one jacket. All season layering allows for a comfortable ride from summer through to winter. $599